Saturday, March 6, 2010

Back for Good


So sorry that I haven't posted in a while ... I changed jobs and am coming to the final few weeks of my house build so I've been totally consumed with all things home ... without paying any attention to the blog. But things have calmed down a little so I've been able to put some thoughts together again!

I'm still ignoring the two chairs that I've got to reupholster ... not intentionally of course! Because of time issues I may have to send them out to a professional instead now but I might be able to do one. I've been on the hunt for some suitable fabric for a long time and came across this beautiful restoration project on my internet travels. Doug found this sad looking wicker rocking chair sitting by the garbage and knew he could transform it. A lot of work has gone into this project but isn't the end result worth it? After dismantling the chair, piece by piece, he sanded every piece down by hand then created a new seat cushion to replace the broken wicker. Well done Doug, I really love the side profile ... the detail is just gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment