Monday, November 16, 2009

Before & After


I've only recently tried my hand at furniture restoration. Previously I used to admire from afar but since work began on my house I've had to think long and hard about how to fill it with furniture. Because it'll be a mix of old and new (the initial structure on the site was an old cottage while the extension will be a contemporary structure) it made sense that the style of the furniture would be more of an eclectic mix of modern and older pieces. To make sure that this merge of styles comes together I've decided to restore the pieces with a modern twist through bright paint and patterns. Needless to mention, I've kinda become obsessed with this type of restoration. The cabinet restoration by Jana above is just fab. I love the new lease of life that she's given it and the funky colour pallette is so different. You can check out more of Jana's projects on her blog here.

1 comment:

  1. Woooww I love this renovation!! Beautiful and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete