Monday, November 16, 2009

Pining Away



I love Christmas. This year I'm making Christmas dinner for the first time and I'm already thinking about how to decorate my table. I've been really inspired by the table settings in Meadows & Byrne this year with their large glass vases holding beautiful decorations as centerpieces. Because I'm on a major budget because of the house build I just can't afford to splash out in there so I've had to think about how I'm going to recreate that look for less. When I'm on a budget my first stop is Penney's and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they have a range of minmalistic decorations made from wood which I snapped up right away.

To continue this natural theme through to my centrepiece I decided to collect some pine cones. So I loaded up the car with the dogs and we set off on a pine cone collecting expedition! They're all sitting at the base of the fireplace now because I'd like them to open out a bit before I clean them out and spray them. Not sure if I'm going to go white or just a simple sparkley glitter or maybe a mix of both. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment